OK, since there will be no specific day when all the shows run out of episodes if the strike lasts for far too long, this is the last day of all new episodes.
This is the end of November sweeps period. Although some shows have run out of episodes, The Office and Big Bang Theory (pleasant surprise of the season), most shows have continued airing new episodes. However, since few shows will air past this day, the remaining new episodes of the shows I watch will be sprinkled from here until they peter out into a sad, an inconclusive end to the season.
I was really looking forward to the next year. American Idol along with 24, Lost and Scrubs, too. Since I am a dork, and love my TV, I had this great last half of the season to the last semester in college planned out. I was planning on watching the premiere of Survivor, Lost, and Scrubs on the same night. Now most of this is lost and the sad reality of it, marked ever so clearly by the end of the November sweeps period, is hitting me. I won't eulogize something that is on the surface so trivial and superficial any longer because I don't want to sound like a bigger dork than I am. However, to put this in context, it would be the equivalent of having your team, say the Vikings, 12-0, then have the season abruptly taken away from you.
Sigh,
--Luis A.

1 comment:
Well, you can always watch Ellen!
Post a Comment