Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A McFlurry of Good News!

In a sea of bad news, it's good to get a current of good news. Case in point, The Beatles will finally release their catalog on iTunes in 2008. I know, I know, you guys have probably read this somewhere else, but it is still great news. I have every single one of their songs (with the exception of one song from Hard Day's Night that I accidently deleted and can't get back) but this is still awesome. When I saw it, I thought, OK, I'll believe it when it actually happens. Considering that it was Paul who was saying this, it will happen.

The other thing is not really news but more of a fact. I'm glad that the NBA league is finally competitive again. I believe that the West is still superior than the East but the difference is not as wide as in previous years. I seriously believe that the Celtics might be moving up to the number one, but definitely at least number two team in the Spurs. For all those Spurs fans, yes, your team is clearly the best team not just in the NBA but in all sports. I mean, the Yankees spend far more money than the Spurs but haven't won a championship since 2000 while the Spurs have won 3 in that time period. I do believe if we have a Celtics v. Pistons, Spurs v. Suns Conference Finals and Spurs v. Celtics in the finals we will have the best basketball in a long time.

Alright, enough rambling.

Have a great rest of Free Lunch Wednesday!
--Luis A.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aye tu y tus Free Lunch Wed.

Anyway, I've watched some games on TNT. Non-spurs games. Actually I've skimmed through them...skimmed?

Anonymous said...

Was that even the right word? No, I accidently landed on these channels not knowing there were games on and watched for a while. Don't remember who was playing though. I wanna say the Denver Grizzlies. Or the Memphis Nuggets. *shrugs*

Anonymous said...

Not right word. I think skim only applies to stuff you read.

In case anyone has wondered what an unemployed, balding, pear-shaped Mexican is thinking, wonder no more...