I haven't written an actual blog since Thursday, and even then I just copied and pasted a story from TVGuide.
Well, this asshole asked me if I could talk about anything else other than the strike. Yes, sports.
I've written zero sports blogs, with the exception of the Super bowl diary entry, but that wasn't really about the Super bowl, especially since I didn't even mentioned the actual game once.
Anyways, I will start with the good news. I didn't actually see any football games but I did see a lovely gesture from the Washington Redskins' defense. In case none of you know what I'm talking about, one of their players was violently killed last week. Well, he was a defensive player. As an acknowledgment to his loss, the Redskins only put 10 players on the field for the first defensive play, as opposed to the required 11. Yes, they got a penalty and the other team took advantage of this, but it was truly moving. What was great was that not even the coach knew the defensive players were going to do this.
Also great: The Vikings are now 6-6. If they win out, they will be in the playoffs. True, they will more than likely be eliminated in the first round, but I miss the years when they use to make the playoffs every year. Also true, they only have one great player and a bunch of mediocre to terrible players, but whatever. Go MINNESOTA Vikings!
Lastly, the Magic and the Celtics continue to dominate the East. These two teams are legitimate title contenders, even if they are on the East. I don't even care that the Magic beat the Lakers, especially because they suck.
One last thing: Duncan was injured today. I hope this is not serious since I want competitive basketball week in and out. I want to see Spurs-Celtics in the finals. I hope it's nothing serious.
Well, as I said, I had a lot of sports related things to talk about. People are probably wishing I went back to talking about the strike.
Have a great week,
--Luis A.
P.S. Happy 50th Blog Entry To Me!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In case anyone has wondered what an unemployed, balding, pear-shaped Mexican is thinking, wonder no more...

1 comment:
No te creas! I want more blogs about the strike! Anything for you to take that curse off Duncan! :(
Post a Comment