Monday, January 28, 2008

Random Notes

It appears that the strike might be coming to an end soon! Individual deals are being made left and right with different studios. Obviously, if the strike was still in full swing, no such deals would be made. I fully expect the strike to end before the Oscars.

Any who, not that it matters to anyone other than me, Radiohead, and all of their fans but the only reason the score for There Will Be Blood was not nominated was because of some stupid technicality. Apparently, the Oscars has this rule when you can only use so much music from previously released material, meaning that most of it has to be original. Oh well. I'm sure the director could care less about this since his use of Jonny Greenwood's music combined with classical music makes for an astounding visual and aural experience. Years from now this will be a huge, huge classic. If you can see this, do. It is not for everyone but it is a remarkable achievement in film making.

Oh yeah, the New Orleans Hornets are the number one team in the West!!! Who had them in that spot? Anyone?

That's it for today,
--Luis A.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know of a link where I could download the soundtrack to that movie? I'm curious to bareback that music at work. Kidding but upload it bitch-nips.

Anonymous said...

I really don't know how to upload music, but if you want me to, just tell me how and I'll do it.

In case anyone has wondered what an unemployed, balding, pear-shaped Mexican is thinking, wonder no more...