
2008 NBA Champions
From beginning to end, this was the Celtics season, everyone else was a mere casual observer. They made key player acquisitions and paid off in the end. I wanted the Lakers to win but this was not meant to be. In fact, some predicted they wouldn't even make the playoffs. For the Lakers, this is a great season on which to build on.

Pierce: 2008 Finals MVP

Pierce: 2008 Finals MVP
Throughout the Finals, Pierce elevated his game to a level I did not even know was within his reach. He outplayed Kobe in most of the games, leading his team to victory.

Kobe's failure to reach the next level ended in humiliation

Kobe's failure to reach the next level ended in humiliation
This was suppose to be Kobe's coming out party. He was suppose to single-handedly carry the Lakers to a Finals win. He was suppose to reach mega-superstardom. Kobe will undoubtedly receive the brunt of the criticism the Lakers receive for the loss. Not even MJ, though, could win a title by himself. Instead of Kobe reaching God-like stardom, he will remain THE most enigmatic, polarizing figure in sports.
One last thing: I felt this would be a great season but never did I imagine that it would turn out this great. I'm grateful the Lakers were involved until the bitter and frustrating end.
Happy Free Lunch Wednesday,
--Luis A.
One last thing: I felt this would be a great season but never did I imagine that it would turn out this great. I'm grateful the Lakers were involved until the bitter and frustrating end.
Happy Free Lunch Wednesday,
--Luis A.

1 comment:
Blah blah blah
Post a Comment